To find books, audiobooks, DVDs, music CDS, magazines, journals, newspapers and other items held in Nottingham and Nottinghamshire libraries search our online catalogue.
BOOKS & RESOURCES
How do I borrow a book from the library?
- Visit one of our available libraries to browse the shelves and choose your own books
- You can join when you visit one of our libraries or join online and use the same membership to borrow eBooks, eAudio, eMagazines, eNewspapers and use eReference books
- Ask the staff to choose some books or talking books for you using our Click & Collect service.
- Return your books when you visit to avoid overdue charges.
- You can reserve (place holds) on books and choose a collection library, if you can’t find what you are looking for. This is free of charge until 31 July 2021. Where reservation fees show on your account, the charges will be removed by the following day. Please note charges may be different for County libraries and it is always best to check their website.
- For books not available in Nottingham City or Inspire (Nottinghamshire County) Libraries we can take requests to either buy a copy for stock or try and get the book via an Inter-Library Loan to other UK Libraries, including The British Library. Both are subject to availability and charges may apply.
|Our fines amnesty ends 31 July 2021 Had your books a long time? Bring them back to avoid fines, contact us if you need help.|
Music and Drama performance sets
The award winning Nottingham Performing Arts Library Service (NPALS) lends multiple copies of plays, vocal scores and orchestral sets to organisations across Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire and Derby City.
The collection is comprised of over 24,000 drama copies, 85,000 Vocal scores and 1,300 orchestral sets. All of which are available to hire online.
For more information about NPALS, how to register your group and to browse the online catalogue visit the website.
Find out more about using our services below
Click on each heading to reveal more information
Whilst libraries are affected by restrictions due to COVID-19 , you will be able to place reservations (holds) at the available Nottingham City Libraries via the online catalogue or if the book you’d like is at one of our available libraries and you can collect from there by filling it in on a Click & Collect form.
We will not be able to take requests for Inter-Library Loans.
Please keep checking the libraries Updates page for the current information on library services.
You’ll need your library card number and PIN / password to log in.
Go to the library catalogue and click on login at the top right (in the green title bar).
By logging in to your library account you can:
- view your loans
- renew loans
- create lists for future loans
- review titles you have read, listened to or watched
If you’ve forgotten your PIN/password you can reset it:
- Online via the library catalogue, click on log in and then click on ‘Forgot my PIN’ in the popup box
Important information: you must have your library card number and an active email address on your library account. An email is sent with instructions on how to reset your PIN. If you do not receive an email please check the junk folder.
Lost or temporarily mislaid your library card?
To protect your personal data we will need to verify your identity before giving you the number on your existing library card.
To obtain your existing card number, or inform us if you have lost it, you can contact us.
Please provide your name, address and date of birth so that we can confirm your identity.
We appreciate your patience when you contact us, if we cannot reply immediately we will do so as soon as we can.
Join Nottingham City Libraries
Join online and get access to all Nottingham City Libraries and a range of facilities in Nottingham.
Find a Library
Discover useful library facilities, opening times, directions and contact details for your local library.
Click & Collect
Helping you find your next great read. Request a selection of books, audio books, fiction or non-fiction, and more.
Reading & Literacy
Find the right choice of books for all ages, with guidance from children to adults.
Charges & Fees
Our live chat allows you to speak to one of our libraries team members about all things libraries.