To find books, audiobooks, DVDs, music CDS, magazines, journals, newspapers and other items held in Nottingham and Nottinghamshire libraries search our online catalogue.
BOOKS & RESOURCES
Great news, from 12 April the majority of our libraries will re-open with a change to facilities and services.
- Visit the library to browse the shelves and choose your own books (please come alone or with members of your household / support bubble only)
- Request items using our Click & Collect service, collecting your item with a pre-booked appointment.
- Overdue charges will not apply.
- You can reserve (place holds) on books and choose a collection library free of charge. Where reservation fees show on your account, the charges will be removed by the following day. Please note charges may different for County libraries and it is always best to check their website.
All items issued to Nottingham City Library members have been renewed to: 1 July 2021
During national lockdown, you will be able to place reservations at the available Nottingham City Libraries via the online catalogue or if the book you’d like is at one of our available libraries and you can collect from there by filling it in on a Click & Collect form.
We will not be able to take requests for Inter-Library Loans.
Please keep checking the libraries Coronavirus page for updates on library services.
You’ll need your library card number and PIN to log in.
Go to the library catalogue and click on login at the top right (in the green title bar).
By logging in to your library account you can:
- view your loans
- renew loans
- create lists for future loans
- review titles you have read, listened to or watched
If you’ve forgotten your PIN/password you can reset it:
- Online via the library catalogue, click on log in and then click on ‘Forgot my PIN’ in the popup box
Important information: you must have your library card number and an active email address on your library account. An email is sent with instructions on how to reset your PIN. If you do not receive an email please check the junk folder.
Lost or temporarily mislaid your library card?
To protect your personal data we will need to verify your identity before giving you the number on your existing library card.
To obtain your existing card number, or inform us if you have lost it, you can contact us.
Please provide your name, address and date of birth so that we can confirm your identity.
We appreciate your patience when you contact us, if we cannot reply immediately we will do so as soon as we can.
Join Nottingham City Libraries
Join online and get access to all Nottingham City Libraries and a range of facilities in Nottingham.
Find a Library
Discover useful library facilities, opening times, directions and contact details for your local library.
Click & Collect
Helping you find your next great read. Request a selection of books, audio books, fiction or non-fiction, and more.
Reading & Literacy
Find the right choice of books for all ages, with guidance from children to adults.
Charges & Fees
Our live chat allows you to speak to one of our libraries team members about all things libraries.