Volunteer with Libraries
We are excited to share with you our news, success stories and also to tell you about some exciting volunteering developments that will be taking place over the coming months.
Our libraries are back to their original opening hours, however, we are taking our time to reintroduce our volunteer supported events and activities. We have been busy working on a new web portal, for our current and new volunteers, and the first three roles are ready for you. Any more opportunities or roles that become available within our libraries will now be published on the new portal Nottingham Together Volunteering. You can also now search for volunteering opportunities available throughout Nottingham City Council.
Five reasons to volunteer with Nottingham City Libraries
- Get involved and make a difference to your local community
- Improve your health & wellbeing, research shows volunteering can improve your mental and physical health, helping to give a sense of purpose by increasing confidence and giving a sense of achievement
- Meet new people, make new friends by learning something new, sharing time, and knowledge to support our activities that connect others
- Improve your job prospects, develop new skills, share your own knowledge and experience with us, take on a fresh challenge which will enhance your CV and perhaps open new doors
- Have FUN! Libraries are relaxed, friendly and inclusive spaces and we offer a wide range of events and activities for all ages and backgrounds
What can I expect?
- A quick and easy application process
- Access to the Nottingham Together Volunteering portal to manage your own account.
- A quality induction
- Relevant training
- Ongoing support from a named person
- Opportunities to meet with fellow volunteers
- An Annual celebration event
- Your opinions and ideas valued and heard through feedback and consultation
Make a difference
Volunteering REALLY helps our local communities across the City – so come and join us!
You can email us with your interest in becoming a volunteer to email@example.com
Have a read of the first blog in our ‘Meet the Volunteers’ series. Annette, who volunteers at the Dales Library tells us about her experiences over the last year.
Discover & Get Involved
Join Nottingham City Libraries
Join online and get access to all Nottingham City Libraries and a range of facilities in Nottingham.
Find a Library
Discover useful library facilities, opening times, directions and contact details for your local library.