Volunteer with Libraries
We have some exciting things to share with you!
We want to tell you about our latest news, success stories, and some really cool volunteering opportunities that will be happening soon.
Libraries are hosting exciting events and activities with the help of our amazing volunteers. We have lots of opportunities for you to get involved and make a difference.
Keep scrolling down this page to find out about our current openings in libraries. You can also check out the Nottingham Together Volunteering portal, where you can search for volunteering opportunities across Nottingham City Council.
Join us and be a part of the fantastic volunteering community in Nottingham!
Current Volunteer Opportunities
We have some exciting volunteering opportunities available right now, and more will be coming soon! Here are some of the roles you can get involved in:
- Duke of Edinburgh Award Volunteer
- Chess & Games Club Volunteer (Strelley Road Library)
- Code Dojo Mentor Volunteer (Bulwell Library)
- English Conversation Group Facilitator
Volunteering with libraries is a fantastic way to be a part of your local community, make new friends, and learn new skills. It’s a great opportunity to have fun while making a positive impact. Keep an eye out for more exciting volunteering roles that will be available soon!
Five reasons to volunteer with Nottingham City Libraries
- Get involved and make a difference to your local community
- Improve your health & wellbeing, research shows volunteering can improve your mental and physical health, helping to give a sense of purpose by increasing confidence and giving a sense of achievement
- Meet new people, make new friends by learning something new, sharing time, and knowledge to support our activities that connect others
- Improve your job prospects, develop new skills, share your own knowledge and experience with us, take on a fresh challenge which will enhance your CV and perhaps open new doors
- Have FUN! Libraries are relaxed, friendly and inclusive spaces and we offer a wide range of events and activities for all ages and backgrounds
What can I expect?
- A quick and easy application process
- Access to the Nottingham Together Volunteering portal to manage your own account.
- A quality induction
- Relevant training
- Ongoing support from a named person
- Opportunities to meet with fellow volunteers
- An Annual celebration event
- Your opinions and ideas valued and heard through feedback and consultation
Make a difference
Volunteering REALLY helps our local communities across the City – so come and join us!
You can email us with your interest in becoming a volunteer to email@example.com
Have a read of the first blog in our ‘Meet the Volunteers’ series. Annette, who volunteers at the Dales Library tells us about her experiences.
Discover & Get Involved
Join Nottingham City Libraries
Join online and get access to all Nottingham City Libraries and a range of facilities in Nottingham.
Find a Library
Discover useful library facilities, opening times, directions and contact details for your local library.