BOOKS IN LIBRARIES
From 12 April the majority of our libraries re-open with a change to facilities | See our dedicated page for the latest information on facilities, including limited browsing, Click & Collect and PC & printing services
Want to read books during the lockdown?
- We have a new Click and Collect service where staff select books for you at their libraries from the information you give us.
- Overdue charges will not apply for Nottingham City Library Members. Inspire (County Library members) please check on their website
- You will be able to place reservations (holds) at the available Nottingham City Libraries via the online catalogue, or if the book you’d like is at one of our available libraries you can ask us for it by filling in a Click & Collect form and selecting that library for collection.
- Inter-Library Loans will not be available.
- We have lots of eBooks, eAudio, eMagazines and eNewspapers that you can read at home on a PC, iPad, Tablet or smartphone.
All items issued to Nottingham City Library members have been renewed to: 1 July 2021
If you are a member of Nottingham Libraries, you can borrow up to 24 loans at a time, which covers you for: books, newspapers & magazines, talking books, music scores, CDs & DVDs and language courses.
You can renew your loans four times without taking them into a library (online, by phone or in person with your card number and PIN). Alternatively, you can visit any Nottingham or Nottinghamshire library in person with your loans and card.
Reserved items cannot be renewed and should be returned as soon as possible.
Join Nottingham City Libraries
Join online and get access to all Nottingham City Libraries and a range of facilities in Nottingham.
Find a Library
Discover useful library facilities, opening times, directions and contact details for your local library.