Libraries – here for everyone
At Nottingham City Libraries we want everyone to get the most out of their local library. We understand that life can be hard and money can be especially tight right now. So come sit and read, chat with friends, work, study, and explore and discover all that libraries have to offer.
A safe, cosy, non-judgemental place for all
Here are just some of the ways you can make use of our warm, comfortable, accessible spaces:
- Meet with friends or simply get out of the house for a few hours.
- Bring your laptop or phone and make use of our free WiFi with no need to buy expensive beverages!
- Come to our numerous free events and groups including Totstime, book clubs, craft sessions and more.
- Libraries are a great place to get information and advice. Borrow up to 24 items: books, newspapers & magazines, talking books, music scores, CDs & DVDs. Don’t worry about late fees as we don’t currently charge for late returns.
- Signposting to support and advice with health & wellbeing, money, finances and more.
So many ways to use the libraries- we want you to use them!
Living well, spending less
Cook tasty meals at low cost, grow your own fruit and veg, repair and reuse, and live sustainably.
Practical support & signposting during difficult times
Talk to our experts about a range of issues from financial matters to general health and well-being.
Health & Wellbeing Resources
We have lots of resources and information to help you live well and manage your health.
Upskill with us
Help with money, finding work, benefits, housing, restarting or starting a business.
Snuggle up with a book
Borrow up to 24 loans at a time; books, newspapers & magazines, talking books, music scores, CDs and DVDs.
Public computers are free to use, or you can bring your own device along and connect to the free WiFi.
Make friends over shared interests
Based in warm, comfortable spaces, our social groups are free and everyone is welcome to join in.
Information & advice
Libraries are a great source for information and advice. Why not look at some of our books on budgeting and personal finance?
Come chat over coffee and a biscuit
Socialise, meet new people and have a chat with other local residents over a hot drink and biscuit.